Monday, July 16, 2012

Well, here we go.

Another summer, almost over.

You'd never know it from my backyard, where my tree is slowly losing all of it's leaves, thanks to the amazing drought we've had, and now I need to rake like it's 1999. Or October. Your choice.

Anyway!

Nothing really has happened since the last time I was on this damn blog. I can't keep up with it, because to be honest, I haven't had a whole lot going on.

I will be headed to Kent State (in Salem, OH) this fall for the RN program. I'll probably finish it by the time I'm 93. I already have my appointment made to schedule my classes on the 23rd of July. Exciting!

I have a HUGE BBQ/Birthday bash planned for my kiddos on the 21st of July. It will be absolute madness, and I'm pretty excited/stressed/bawling my eyes out. I'm expecting... well... a lot of people. My babies are no longer babies. Ness is now four, thanks to July 3rd, and Chlo will be 6 on the 27th. It's amazing how much faster time flies once the second one is born. Ness is starting preschool this year, and I'm terrified he'll be the kid who never listens and gets in trouble constantly. Chloe will be attending the "big" elementary school this year as a first grader, and I'm nervous because she'll be around all the older kids. I don't think I can handle it!

We're finally getting somewhere with our house remodeling. We JUST finished painting (kinda) the attic; enough to make it livable, and have decided to make it our own bedroom, that way Ness and Chlo could each have their own rooms downstairs. Chloe's at a point where she wants her privacy, and a super princessy room doesn't hurt, either.

Ness is a little panicky. He's shared a room with his sister for quite a while now, and has grown used to it. Gonna have to pick up a hardcore nightlight for that little sucker.

As for me, I'm prepared to sweat it out upstairs, until my husband breaks, and buys me a window air conditioner. I mean, it's the ATTIC! That bitch is hot.

I'll deal with hot flashes when I hit menopause, but until then, I'd prefer to freeze my ass off in bed every night.

Gosh. What else?

Oh. I have so many old friends who are planning on coming out to the party this Saturday, and I'm excited to see each and every one of them. I have some cookin's to do, and some bakin's, and some cleanin's! (lots and LOTS of cleanin's!)

My travels down the weight loss road have hit a pitstop; I've been feeling not so much like myself lately, and not so very great. I've been eating badly again, and while I have been eating badly, I've only gained back a couple of pounds. If I keep up like this, it WILL be more, so I should probably check myself before I wreck myself soon. I was hoping to look like a hot champ by 31, but... my 31st is in 50some days, and I don't think it's gonna happen.

I'm seriously in need of a vacation. I want to get away. Away from the kids, where I can sleep, NOT have to clean, and discipline. Where I can have a few drinks and pass out outside, and maybe take a bike ride. Or hike. YES. I love to hike.

Don't get me wrong. I love love LOVE my kids. Every mom needs that break once in a while, and I didn't realize how much I loved school until my kid starting going. Now I'll be sending them both off? Holy cow. It's like I've hit the damn lottery. (Except for the whole "getting up early to get them ready" crap. Ick.)

Chlo is scheduled to have surgery on the 24th of August, which will be her 3rd day of school. She's having 2, possibly 3 teeth pulled, 3 crowns, and a drill and fill. I'm a nervous mess about the whole situation. I've never been put under for anything, so the thought of my kiddo being "put to sleep" is totally freaky and foreign to me. I know it's pretty routine nowadays, and a lot of my friends have dealt with this situation already, but it's still scary as heck. Chlo, on the other hand, is excited to eat pudding and milkshakes afterward. Not a care in the world.

Today, we took the kids out for a chinese dinner. Chloe noshed on frogs' legs, sushi, and 3 cheese stuffed mushrooms. She also had crab legs. The kid eats everything, and asks to try everything. I love it. Especially since I was an extremely picky eater as a kid. (Aaaaand... I still am. Kinda. Not as bad!) Ness, on the other hand, sticks with the basics. Mac'n cheese, rice, eggroll, lo mein. The stuff that looks safe.

Sigh. Ok.

I'm going to bed now. That's my updates for today.

Chlo starts cheering soon for the Alliance Little Aviators. She's already tagged and brought in a ton of money for being hella cute. Now we'll get her uniform in the next few weeks, and she'll start practice. Expect pictures of that madness.

Until then? huhhhhhh. I'm tired.

No comments: